- Written by Administrator
- Category: module set 4
- Hits: 1652
Regional integration is the process in which two or more nations/states agree to co-operate and work closely together to achieve peace, stability and wealth. Usually integration involves one or more written agreements that describe the areas of cooperation in detail, as well as some coordinating bodies representing the countries involved. Uganda is already participating in regional integration at various levels as such is a member of many regional organisations which include: EAC, COMESA, IGAD, ICGLR at regional level and AU at the continental level.
The aim of this module is to empower citizens to fully participate in the regional integration process by creating awareness and equipping them with knowledge on economic, social and political opportunities therein.
By the end of this module, one should be able to:
1. Define regional integration.
2. Describe the process of regional integration.
3. Explain the historical background of the EAC.
4. Statethe objectives of the EAC.
5. Identifythe achievements of the EAC.
6. Explain the challenges of EAC integration process.
7. State other regional bodies in which Uganda is a member.
- Regional integration creates bigger markets.
- Working together fosters faster economic growth.
- Economic co-operation increases trade among countries
- Integration allows people to move freely and work within the region.
- Integration promotes regional peace, security and stability
- Regional Integration.
- Purpose of regional integration
- Process of regional integration
- Other Regional organizations to which Uganda belongs.
- The East African Community.
a) The objectives of the East African Community.
b) The achievements of the EAC.
c) The challenges facing EAC Integration process